Monday 23 June 2014

Nearly there...

So whilst all of my friends are currently free and have started their summer, I'm sitting at home about to mark my S2 paper. Whyyyyyy.

I hate stats, so it's just really irritating when the one exam that I have three days straight to revise for is the one that I hate the most.

Anyway! I'm nearly there! Last week was absolutely horrible - I had 4 exams in 5 days and it was just so stressful. I had a breakdown on Thursday before Biology Unit 5 on Friday because I was just so stressed because I felt like I didn't know anything, and I was terrified that they would give us a horrible exam. The exam itself actually went okay, and I'm really pleased because I came out of the exam hall feeling happy!

So, last week I had C3 on Monday. When I was actually in the exam I literally sat there thinking "I've failed." but when I came out I actually realised I probably hadn't failed, because loads of people had got similar answers to me! I know I made some silly mistakes, which is really frustrating, but there's nothing that I can do now!

Then On Tuesday I had Chemistry unit 5, omggggg that exam is just so hard! The exam itself wasn't terrible, I mean it could have been a lot worse. But looking back, there are things that I knew and I just didn't write them down and it's so frustrating:( I'm definitely the most worried about my grade in chemistry out of all of my subjects because I really just don't know. I'm the worst for over-thinking exams and assuming I've failed though. I'm literally just praying for an A.

Then C4 on Wednesday was okay. The first five questions were great, and then I turned over to question 6 and was like oh. The last 3 questions took me longer to do than the first 3 questions, and I still didn't manage to finish. I know that I also dropped some marks in that exam for irritating mistakes as well. That seems to be a big thing for me this year: silly mistakes.

And then, as I said, unit 5 biology definitely went better than expected! I liked the questions on the article, except for one which was a genetic diagram question that I just couldn't get my head around. I'm sooo pleased that I revised my AS stuff, because it was so so useful.

My advice for your A2 exams is don't panic. I think I've dropped quite a few marks this year from panicking when I saw a question that I didn't know the answer to immediately, and then just all I could think was "I'm not going to uni.". Just concentrate, forget what the exam's for, and focus on doing your best rather than panicking because you're not sure about one question.

This time tomorrow I will be freeeeee! But I better get back to stats, so that I can finish on a high rather than having an awful last exam!

Bye!xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment