Monday 1 July 2013

Introduction

Hi!

So I'm Nicole, I'm 17 and I'm hoping to study Medicine at University. I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French for my A levels, and I'm coming towards the end of year 12.

I know that even the prospect of applying to medical school is so ominous and scary. I can safely say that I am absolutely terrified that I'm going to get no offers, and that I'm going to be stuck with nothing to do. Every time I think that I've done everything I can, something else pops up which makes me doubt myself all over again.

My overall aim for this blog is to just help anyone who wants to apply for medical school. I'm not an expert (clearly), and I haven't even been through the whole process of applying yet, but I know that when I was beginning to think about applying I was scouring the web to see if I could find any form of help from somebody who was just normal, and had been in the same position as me! This will be a sort of diary of my journey, just to let you know what I'm up to and I'm what I'm doing to improve my application.

So if any of you are like I was, then this page is here to help you. Hopefully my posts will give you some ideas of things to do to apply for medical school, and if you want to ask me anything, or offer me any advice that would be massively appreciated too!

Nicole xxxx

p.s. "Nich" is pronounced as "neesh". It's just a nickname that I've been given by my friends, and Doctor Nicole was already taken as an address!

1 comment: