Monday 18 August 2014

Results Day

I'm sorry for not posting for a while! Once exams were over I kind of just forgot everything and relaxed and didn't think about this blog!

Anyway, so results day.

The night before I was sooo nervous. Every 10 minutes I would get these horrible butteflies in my stomach as I remembered that it was results day the next day. I went to bed at about 11:30 and then spent about two and a half hours trying to get to sleep. I watched the Great British Bake Off but that didn't help, however eventually at about 2am I finally got to sleep!
I woke up at 6:30am and attempted to fall back asleep but the butterflies had already hit! So I began texting people about my nerves, and checking track to see if it was possible to log on. Eventually at about 7 I decided to get ready so I did my makeup and got dressed, then went downstairs to eat breakfast (which I didn't do due to nerves hahaa). At 7:30 I randomly decided to refresh track to see if it would magically open early, and to my horror I was faced with the log in page! After about three minutes of deliberating with myself over whether to log on I slowly typed in my details and waited for the page to load, and was faced with te message "Congratulations! Your place at Newcastle University to study Medicine has been confirmed."
I literally just jumped in the air and ran over to my dog and hugged him, and then sprinted upstairs to my parents room shouting "I got in!!!!!! That means I got an A in chemistry?!?! Yessss!!!!!"
I then actually managed to eat some breakfast. Me and my mum headed to school at about 8:20 and I got the butterflies again, wondering what results I'd got. I wrote down the details of my course and university and then got my yearbook. Then I walked down the hill to get my envelope. My hands were literally shaking as I opened it, and then I pulled out the piece of paper. A*A*A*.
What?!?! Literally I sprinted up the hill and jumped on my friend, and handed the envelope to my mum. An A* in Chemistry?! Literally wtf.
I still can't really believe it, I never ever in my whole life thought I would get those grades, but I am so so happy.
I'm going to Newcastle and I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!!

If any of you were getting your results last Thursday, I really really hope they were what you wanted!

Bye!xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment