Thursday 11 December 2014

Update!

Hey guys,

So I've survived my first term of medical school, and I can definitely say that I've loved every minute of it! I passed my first exam and assignment, met so many new people, survived freshers week, signed for my house next year! Literally so much has happened in the past 12 weeks, but although I've loved all of it, I am SO ready to go home. I miss my dog, and my family, and being able to eat food without worrying about how much it costs. I can't wait to have dinner cooked for me and to sleep in my own bed!

Honestly though, medical school has been so much fun. Although sometimes it is hard when you literally cannot understand the relevance of a lecture and all you want to do is sleep, it's sooo nice to be studying something that I really love! I don't enjoy revision, but it's definitely a lot more interesting than revising the process of photosynthesis for A level!

I really like our dissection sessions. We use prosection at Newcastle but I really like that because I feel like it's a lot better if it's actually been dissected properly. I've learnt how to take blood and do a respiratory exam as well which was so exciting, I felt like such a proper doctor! (Even though I'm definitely far from it!). We've also had a GP and hospital visit, and both of those were so much fun - it was so nice to feel like you vaguely belonged in the hospital.

I think they've been quite nice to us this term, but looking at next term our timetable seems a lot more intense (LOADS of 9ams ahhh!), but I'm excited as well!

I really hope the application process is going well for you if you're applying! Good luck!

Nicole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment